FREE Consultation
Marietta, GA |

Cobb County Car Accident Victim Awarded $813K

Jurors recently awarded $813,000 to a Georgia architect who was seriously injured in a car accident back in 2013.  The case, entitled Reboulet v. Schlosberg, involved high stakes due to the extent of the injuries suffered by plaintiff Joseph Reboulet.  In 2013, Reboulet was traveling on Kennesaw’s Stilesboro Road when a car in front of him stopped to make a left-hand turn.  While stopped and waiting for the car to turn, Reboulet was hit from behind by the defendant, Mark Schlosberg.

As a result of the accident, Reboulet suffered damage to the discs in his cervical spine, requiring a spinal fusion.  He continued to suffer from pain even after the surgery.  During the three-day trial, jurors weighed the evidence presented and determined that the defendant was 80 percent at fault for the collision.  The other 20 percent of responsibility was apportioned to the driver who made the left-hand turn in the travel lane, rather than the turning lane.

Jurors then debated the hotly contested issue of damages.  While the defense attempted to point to preexisting medical conditions as impacting the plaintiff’s spinal cord damage, the plaintiff presented strong evidence of pain and immense medical costs.  The result was an award of $813,000, which will likely be reduced to $650,400 once the fault of the third driver is taken into account.

Determining the Value of a Car Accident Case

If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be wondering how much your personal injury claim is worth. The value of your claim will depend on many factors, including the extent of your injuries, your medical costs, and the cause of the crash.  It is important that you and your attorney accurately calculate the value of your case so that you can fight for the full compensation to which you are entitled.

Potential damages in a car accident case include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, permanent disability, property damage, and more.  For assistance with your car accident case, contact the Marietta, Georgia car accident attorneys at Randall F. Rogers, P.C.  Our Georgia car accident lawyers are committed to providing each of our clients with individualized and effective legal representation.  Call us today at (770) 590-0300 to schedule your free consultation.


Posted in: Automobile Wrecks